Musical performances and activities that are not on the Guild Calendar but which may be of interest to our membership and friends.
Please send details of future events to the Dean.
- Thursday, June 9, 2022, 7:30pm, Orlando Sings preforms the Duruflé Requiem at First United Methodist Church, 142 E Jackson St, Orlando, FL 32801, with organist Dr. Michael Ging. Website & Tickets
- Monday, June 27, 2022, 7:00pm in the Church, Lyman Brodie, trumpet, Michael Ging, organ, at All Saints Episcopal Church, 338 E Lyman Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789. All Saints’ director of music & parish organist, Dr. Michael Ging, joins forces with Lyman Brodie, an acclaimed trumpeter from the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, to present a program of music from the 18th-20th centuries for trumpet and organ. The event is free and open to the public.
- Monday, July 11, 2022, 7:00pm in the Church, Organist Michael Ging, at All Saints Episcopal Church, 338 E Lyman Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789. The Organ Music of J.S. Bach. This program is a sampling of J.S. Bach’s monumental collection of organ music interpreted by All Saints’ director of music, Dr. Michael Ging. Arguably the greatest musician of all time, Bach was a composer, organist, and church musician who most notably served as Thomascantor in Leipzig from 1723 until his death in 1750. His love for the organ is evident in the sheer volume of his output of music for the instrument and the progressive ways in which he exploited — or invented — musical forms in these powerful works. The event is free and open to the public.
- Monday, August 8, 2022, 7:00pm at the Kingsley Auditorium (Winderweedle Center), The Staff Singers of All Saints Church Episcopal Church, Winter Park, with Dr. Michael Ging and Ammon Bratt, pianists. The parish’s talented corps of staff singers present a concert of songs and arias including popular selections from musical theater and opera. The event is free and open to the public.
- Monday, August 22, 2022, 7:00pm in the Church, Pianist Ammon Bratt, at All Saints Episcopal Church, 338 E Lyman Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789. Romantic Resonance. Our parish’s new associate director of music/organist, Ammon Bratt, performs Romantic masterworks for the piano including Mendelssohn’s Rondo Capriccioso, Prokofiev’s Etudes, and Chopin’s “Heroic” Polonaise in A-flat major. Ammon is a graduate of the acclaimed piano programs at the University of Michigan and Indiana University, where he studied under the legendary pianist André Watts. The event is free and open to the public.
Need a lift or just an enjoyable diversion??? Visit the website of the Orlando Concert Band at https://orlandoconcertband.org/ to see their spring schedule.
View the schedule of events in St. Luke’s Cathedral Concert Series.
Concerts and Musical Events at the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe, 8300 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32821