Organizations with Position Openings may post announcements on our website. Please submit this form to our Placement Director, Dr. Terry Yount,
Name of Church: All Saints Episcopal Church
Address: 155 ClarkStreet
City: Enterprise, Fl 32725
Position: Part time
Position Description: Organist
- Provide organ music for the 8:00 AM Traditional Sunday Service in the 1884 Historic Church (Preludes, 3-4 hymns, 2-3 service pieces, meditation and postlude music).
- Provide organ music for additional feast days: Christmas, Lent, Holy Week, Easter, Confirmation, Etc.
- Fill in (for vacations, illness, etc.) for the worship minister at the 10:30 Contemporary Service (the music is a blend of traditional and well known contemporary hymns, keyboard or piano.
- Work with the Pastor, Deacons and Other Staff.
- Post each week the hymn numbers on the two hymn boards in the Historic Church.
- Keep the organ clean and schedule annual and necessary organ repair and tuning.
- This congregation has a wonderful history of good singing and an appreciation of hearing good organ music. They are very supportive of the music program at All Saints and very proud of their tracker pipe organ and for good reason! While only 7 ranks (all exposed), the organ has a wide dynamic range from the swell flute to the Baroque ensemble Diapason chorus and full organ with 16' pedal. Definitely arewarding instrument to play!
- The organist should have a deep faith in God, a love for worship, and deep respect for all of God's people.
- The role of the organist is to "Lead" the congregation in a spirited and meaningful way that will lift our praise to God and warm our hearts with His Word! This is truly a position of "Active Musical Ministry".
- The organist (at his/her artistic discretion) should be able to use various registrations for each verse of the hymns as well as play short (1-2 measure) interludes between an occasional verse and do a key change on the final verse of the opening and closing hymns. (Most music written in various keys is provided).
- Organ music of easy to moderate level of difficulty will be sufficient. Any further competence is a plus and will be appreciated.
Salary / Benefits: $5,200-$6,500 (Annual Salary), Book/Music allowance
Keyboard Instruments:Heissler tracker pipe organ, 7 ranks, 2 manuals and pedal
- Name: Pastor Robin E. Morical
- Phone: 386-688-4108
- Email: PastorRobin@ascenterprise.org
Posting updated 9/12/18
Queen of Peace Catholic Church (Website - http://www.ocalaqueenofpeace.com)
Address: 6455 SW State Road 200,
City: Ocala, FL 34476
Organist and choir director
- Two Masses on Sunday morning (9:30am and 11:30am)
- Saturday Mass (4:00pm)
- Choir rehearsal Thursday evening (6:30-8:30pm)
- Funerals and some weddings a possibility
- Any part or combination of parts of the above
- Practicing Catholic
- Requisite organ skills
- Either competency in the musical patrimony of the
Church or an eagerness to be mentored in the same
Organ: 1993 Randall Dyer
Deacon Edward Schaefer
St. Philip Lutheran Church, Mt. Dora, Florida
Supply Organist/Pianist or Supply Organist/Pianist and Choir Director
St. Philip is a mission-minded congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We recognize dynamic worship is the heartbeat of congregational life and mission and currently have one Sunday Service using the Evangelical Lutheran Worship (ELW) book/hymnal.
While involved in preparing for and undergoing a search for a person for a permanent position still to be defined (Music Director/Organist/Choir Director/Pianist or some combination thereof) we seek to employ an Organist or Pianist to accompany/lead the ELW worship and possibly, if skills/abilities allow, Choir Direction as well.
Supply Organist/Pianist and Choir Director Position Description:
- Play liturgy, hymns and music for 9:30am weekly Sunday ELW Liturgy
- Conduct weekly choir rehearsal and direct choir in weekly worship anthem/worship liturgy
Compensation and Terms
- $150 per Service Organist/Pianist. If Choir Direction, negotiate compensation and terms.
- Sundays 8:45am – 11am availability (Service time is 9:30am-10:30am)
- Supply Organist needed starting Nov. 1, 2017 (first Sunday Nov. 5, 2017). Extent of weeks available and needed are negotiable.
Return to Main Page