St. Luke Catholic Church, 5055 Micco Rd., Micco FL
May – October
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 9 am Mass
November – April
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 8 am Mass
- Sunday 10 am Mass
Salary / Benefits: not specified
Keyboard Instruments: 2-manual Allen
- Rev. Robert Mitchell
- Phone: 772.664.9310
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Souls Episcopal, Horizon West, Florida
A brand new old church coming to Horizon West, FL
Part-Time Minister of Music | Role Description
All Souls is a parish-led church plant of the Church of the Ascension in Orlando, FL and the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida.
Our first service, Lord willing, will be on November 3rd at 10 am in the Lakeside Village of Horizon West.
We are looking for a musician who loves the Lord Jesus Christ, is committed to the Ancient Faith, and who has a love for music of the Anglican Tradition. Musically speaking, home base will be the hymnody and service music found in the Hymnal 1982. Thus, the music minister would need to be familiar with the Liturgy of the Episcopal Church, and lead the music primarily from an electronic keyboard (which we can provide).
Regardless of instrumentation, the music minister will need to facilitate robust congregational singing. That this is the work of the people, and not a concert, should always be in mind. Initially, we are looking to having a Minister of Music at each Sunday service. However, even if you’re only available occasionally or twice a month, we would still love to talk with you.
✤Working with the vicar to plan music for services.
✤Leading the music (congregational singing, chanting of the Psalter) at Sunday services and other occasions.
✤Recruiting instrumentalists and vocalists, particularly for special services.
✤Scheduling and leading rehearsals, when necessary
✤Ensuring set-up and tear-down of musical equipment.
✤Providing administrator with service music, hymns, and musical texts to be included in service booklet.
Pay is $275 per Sunday (for one service, a short practice (day of), and planning). Opportunity for growth into the position described above. Pay would scale appropriately as hours and responsibility increase.
To learn more about All Souls, visit AllSoulsFL.org.
To inquire about the position, contact Fr. Matthew Ainsley (FrMatt@AllSoulsFL.org).
“O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.” Psalm 96:9
Azalea Park United Methodist Church
50 Willow Drive
Orlando Fl 32807
Position: Worship Music Minister
The successful candidate would have experience as a musician and knowledge of music in a Christian and/or secular setting contemporary and/or traditional. Ability to play piano/organ, other experiences which would be helpful: the ability to play guitar, accompany choir, accompaniment of praise band and to provide music for weekly services, including hymns.
- Play for Sunday services 11:00am to 12:00pm Sundays
- Play for all special
services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy
Thursday, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Palm Sunday, etc)
- Accompany Choir/Praise Team consisting of 4-6 individuals
- Rehearsals Times and Days TBD
- Bell Choir for seasonal playing
- Responsibility to play
or arrange for performer(s) for weddings/funerals
- 2 Manual Large Rodgers Organ
- 6 octave Handbells / Chimes
- Kawaii Grand Piano
All applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as well as the date on which you will be available to start. The letter should also describe your relevant experience in relation to the position for which you are applying.
Send to: via Mail or Email Subject: “Worship Music Minister” to email@example.com
Competitive part time wage
Post updated 8/28/2019
Name of Church: St. John Lutheran Church
Address: 1600 South Orlando Avenue
City: Winter Park, FL 32789
Position: Full time or Part time: Part time, 20 hours per week
Position Description: Director of Music
St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church of Winter Park and Orlando is searching for a new Director of Music Ministry. Primary skills for any qualified candidate include piano and organ performance, a working understanding of Lutheran liturgy, and choral directing. Currently there are 200+ regular worshiping members with Sunday worship at 10:15AM and Wednesday choir practice at 7PM. The 4 manual Reuter pipe organ, from South Boston Church and redesigned by Shoemaker, was installed in 1985. The position is part time, approximately $20,000 annually, and without benefits. Any representation of your work via a DVD or web-link would be appreciated but not required. More details on the position responsibilities and a description of the organ can be provided by Senior Pastor Tom Lyberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.mysj.org.
Salary / Benefits: The position is part time, approximately $20,000 annually, and without benefits.
Keyboard Instruments: 4 manual Reuter pipe organ, from South Boston Church and redesigned by Shoemaker, was installed in 1985.
- Name: Pastor Tom Lyberg
- Phone: 567-208-6342 (mobile)
St. George Episcopal Church, The Villages, FL
Organist/Music Director Job Description
Saint George, an Episcopal congregation in The Villages, FL, seeks a part- time Organist/Music Director to further develop a strong music program. The Organist/Music Director serves at the pleasure of the Rector and is the central figure ensuring the quality, substance and appropriateness of the music that serves an integral part in the Rector’s and the Parish’s vision of ministry, to include maintaining a strong Anglican musical tradition while recognizing the opportunity to introduce less traditional musical offerings. The candidate for this position should demonstrate an ability to have a good working relationship with the Rector and the Choir Director and have proven experience in Organ performance.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in organ performance
- Experience working in the Anglican musical tradition is preferred
- American Guild of Organists Member preferred
- Spiritual leader to choir members, creating an environment where musical training and preparation become a part of maintaining and further building a solid foundation of faith for participants.
- Excellent communicative skills and ability to work and interact well with staff,volunteers, and parishioners. .
- Team – player with a “can do” yet flexible attitude.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; strong attention to detail.
- Provide organ, piano, or other music at all principle services of the church, including but not limited to: All weekly Saturday and Sunday worship services and feast days
- Weddings and Funerals (additional compensation provided)
- Oversee Ministries of Choir Director and Bell Choir Director
- Select all organ, hymns and service music for all choral/organ services in consultation with the rector.
- Hire professional musicians, as appropriate and within the parameters of the parish music budget, for liturgical festivals and special services.
- With the help of choir volunteers, and limited secretarial support, the Organist/Music Director:
- Manages and oversees the music library
- Communicates information about the music ministry within the parish
- Coordinates with other church groups as necessary
Instruments: Allen Three Manual Rudy Lucente RL-66a with Antiphonal Pipes; Knabe Semi-Grand Piano
Salary/Benefits: Compensation negotiable based on experience on AGO guidelines
- Contact: The Very Rev. John Kelly