Posted July 28, 2020
Emmanuel Episcopal Church is a busy and growing parish in the Audubon Park neighborhood of Orlando, FL. Situated very closely to Baldwin Park, Mills50, and Downtown, Emmanuel is uniquely located for exciting ministry! We are seeking an Organist/Choir director as Emmanuel continues to flourish!
- As an employee of Emmanuel Episcopal Church, Orlando, FL, serves under leadership of Rector for the duration of his tenure.
- Play organ and direct choir at 10:15 am Sunday Service
- Also: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, Lent and Holy Week Services, (Ash Wednesday, Tenebrae, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Vigil).
- Choose appropriate hymns and anthems based on lectionary and liturgical calendar
- (Rector delegates this to Organist, but reserves the right for input)
- Rehearse Choral Choir and Bell Choir weekly September – May
- (Summer Choir June – Labor Day, rehearse Sunday morning)
- Prepare Men’s Schola for Tenebrae and occasional Evensong
- Arrange parts when necessary. Keep up music library
- Be available to play for weddings and funerals, bench fees of $300 and $250 respectively
- Communicate with Rector schedules, staff, choirs and other matters as necessary
- Attend staff meetings with Rector and Parish Administrator
- Work with Music Guild re promoting music ministry and music fundraising at Emmanuel
- Recruit and train new choristers and bell ringers
- Hire musicians for Christmas, Easter, and other occasions as appropriate (eg. Evensongs & Concerts)
- Prepare for possible Hymn Sing organ demo/workshop for local community, occasional additional at Rector’s request
- Outreach, parish education and other occasional events per mutual agreement by Rector and Organist
- Agrees to abide by Diocesan Risk Management policies including background check
- Agrees to abide by EEC employment policies
- Annual Mutual Ministry Review
We are hiring a musician at a time of great uncertainty for Parish ministries, but we believe at Emmanuel our music program is of great importance to our ministry and our parish and in our neighborhood. If you would like to begin exploring what it means to help steward our great program, please contact us immediately at Admin@emmanuelepiscopal.net
- 1603 East Winter Park Road, Orlando, FL 32803
PINEDA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (PCUSA)
We are actively seeking candidates for the following position:
Organist/Choir Accompanist – part-time
The Organist/Choir Accompanist is responsible for assisting the Choir Director in development of a strong traditional music program. The Organist shall support the Director in the selection of appropriate liturgical music at all weekly and special worship services and accompany the congregation on hymns to enhance the worship experience so that the congregation may glorify God and continue the liturgy and spirit of the Presbyterian tradition. This position reports directly to the Choir Director, Pastor, and Worship Chair.
Key Areas of Responsibilities include:
- Adequately prepare for musical offerings including preludes, hymns, offertories and postludes.
- Accompany Chancel Choir in rehearsals for the presentation of musical offerings including introits, anthems and responses as selected by the Choir Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or related field preferred (equivalent experience will be considered).
Note: Applicants will audition before being awarded the position.
- Successful experience in a wide range of music styles, including traditional, classical, folk, and spirituals.
- Effective interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
Please email your updated resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com
Pineda Presbyterian Church
5650 N. Wickham Road, Palm Shores, FL 32940
St. Richard’s Episcopal Church
Address:5151 Lake Howell Road
City:Winter Park, FL
Position: Part-Time Tenor Section Leader
Stipend: $75 per visit
Dr. Carl MaultsBy
St. James Episcopal Church, 38 S. Halifax Dr., Ormond Beach
Position: Part time
Position Description: Tenor Staff Singer; Thursday evening rehearsal, 7:00 – 8:40 pm,
One Sunday service at 10:00 am, 9:15 Call time
Salary / Benefits: Competitive
Name: Virginia Koepkey
First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland, Florida is currently accepting applications for Organist.
First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland, Florida is a 1,200-member congregation which seeks a full-time organist for Sunday worship services in the sanctuary and chapel, special services and events, and to provide rehearsal accompaniment for adult, youth, children’s choirs, soloists and ensembles. The organist will provide music consultation and play for weddings and funerals as well as assistance with the advertising, marketing and public relations matters related to the Performing Arts Series. The organist will also serve as a consultant regarding the planned renovation and expansion of the ranks and voicing of the church’s four manual Austin pipe organ. Applicants should have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in organ and should demonstrate a high level of competence and experience as a church organist and accompanist. The organist will report to the Director of Fine Arts Ministries.
The church’s sanctuary features a wonderful Austin Organ with a new console arriving around the first of the year. Additionally, the chancel is equipped with a beautiful Steinway grand piano. First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland is situated within a few blocks of Florida Southern College and is less than two miles from Southeastern University. FPC Lakeland belongs to the Presbyterian Church, USA.
For further information or questions, applicants should contact:
Dr. Daniel Gordon, Director of Fine Arts at FPC Lakeland.
Phone: 863-686-7187 x 239.
St. Luke Catholic Church, 5055 Micco Rd., Micco FL
May – October
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 9 am Mass
November – April
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 8 am Mass
- Sunday 10 am Mass
Salary / Benefits: not specified
Keyboard Instruments: 2-manual Allen
- Rev. Robert Mitchell
- Phone: 772.664.9310
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azalea Park United Methodist Church
50 Willow Drive
Orlando Fl 32807
Position: Worship Music Minister
The successful candidate would have experience as a musician and knowledge of music in a Christian and/or secular setting contemporary and/or traditional. Ability to play piano/organ, other experiences which would be helpful: the ability to play guitar, accompany choir, accompaniment of praise band and to provide music for weekly services, including hymns.
- Play for Sunday services 11:00am to 12:00pm Sundays
- Play for all special
services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy
Thursday, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Palm Sunday, etc)
- Accompany Choir/Praise Team consisting of 4-6 individuals
- Rehearsals Times and Days TBD
- Bell Choir for seasonal playing
- Responsibility to play
or arrange for performer(s) for weddings/funerals
- 2 Manual Large Rodgers Organ
- 6 octave Handbells / Chimes
- Kawaii Grand Piano
All applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as well as the date on which you will be available to start. The letter should also describe your relevant experience in relation to the position for which you are applying.
Send to: via Mail or Email Subject: “Worship Music Minister” to email@example.com
Competitive part time wage