Part-Time Minister of Music | Role Description All Souls is a parish-led church plant of the Church of the Ascension in Orlando, FL and the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida.
Our first service, Lord willing, will be on November 3rd at 10am in the Lakeside Village of Horizon West. We are looking for a musician who loves the Lord Jesus Christ, is committed to the Ancient Faith, and is excited about the music of the Anglican Tradition. Musically speaking, home base will be the hymnody and service music found in 1982 Hymnal. Thus, the music minister would need to be familiar with the liturgy of the Episcopal Church, and lead the music primarily from a keyboard piano (which we can provide).
Regardless of instrumentation, the music minister will need to facilitate robust congregational singing. That this is the work of the people, and not a concert, should always be in mind. Initially, we are looking to build a team of people that we rotate as musical worship leaders. So even if you’re only available occasionally or twice a month, we would still love to talk to you.
✤Working with the vicar to plan music for services.
✤Leading the music (congregational singing, chanting of the Psalter) at Sunday services and other occasions.
✤Recruiting instrumentalists and vocalists, particularly for special services.
✤Scheduling and leading rehearsals, when necessary
✤Ensuring set-up and tear-down of musical equipment.
✤Providing administrator with service music, hymns, and musical texts to be included in service booklet.
Pay is negotiable.
Contact Fr. Matthew Ainsley (FrMatt@AllSoulsFL.org or 407.614.7556 ).
Azalea Park United Methodist Church, an open and affirming congregation, seeks applicants for the position of Worship Leader. All applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as well as the date on which you will be available to start. The letter should also describe your relevant experience in relation to the position for which you are applying.
Materials may be sent electronically:
“Staff Parish Relations (SPR) – Worship Minister”
Jonelle Capitano, Staff Parish Chair – email@example.com
Mail or Drop off at:
Azalea Park United Methodist Church
50 Willow Drive
Orlando Fl 32825
The successful candidate would have experience as a musician and knowledge of music in a Christian and or secular setting contemporary and or traditional.
Other experience which would be helpful: the ability to play guitar, accompany choir, accompaniment of praise band and to provide music for weekly services, including hymns.
Position reports to Staff Parish Relations Committee and Pastor
Part Time Worship Team Leader Responsibilities
- Play for Sunday services 11:00am to 12:00pm Sundays
- Play for all special services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy
Thursday, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Palm Sunday, etc)
- Direct and accompany Choir/Praise Team consisting of 4-6 individuals
- Rehearsals Times and Days TBD
- Direct Bell Choir for seasonal playing (Christmas, Memorial, Veterans,
- Responsibility to play or arrange for performer(s) for weddings/funerals
- 2 Manual Large Rodgers Organ
- 6 octave Handbells / Chimes
- Kawaii Grand Piano
Competitive part time wage
Position will remain open until filled.
Post updated 8/28/2019
Name of Church: St. John Lutheran Church
Address: 1600 South Orlando Avenue
City: Winter Park, FL 32789
Position: Full time or Part time: Part time, 20 hours per week
Position Description: Director of Music
St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church of Winter Park and Orlando is searching for a new Director of Music Ministry. Primary skills for any qualified candidate include piano and organ performance, a working understanding of Lutheran liturgy, and choral directing. Currently there are 200+ regular worshiping members with Sunday worship at 10:15AM and Wednesday choir practice at 7PM. The 4 manual Reuter pipe organ, from South Boston Church and redesigned by Shoemaker, was installed in 1985. The position is part time, approximately $20,000 annually, and without benefits. Any representation of your work via a DVD or web-link would be appreciated but not required. More details on the position responsibilities and a description of the organ can be provided by Senior Pastor Tom Lyberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.mysj.org.
Salary / Benefits: The position is part time, approximately $20,000 annually, and without benefits.
Keyboard Instruments: 4 manual Reuter pipe organ, from South Boston Church and redesigned by Shoemaker, was installed in 1985.
- Name: Pastor Tom Lyberg
- Phone: 567-208-6342 (mobile)
St. George Episcopal Church, The Villages, FL
Organist/Music Director Job Description
Saint George, an Episcopal congregation in The Villages, FL, seeks a part- time Organist/Music Director to further develop a strong music program. The Organist/Music Director serves at the pleasure of the Rector and is the central figure ensuring the quality, substance and appropriateness of the music that serves an integral part in the Rector’s and the Parish’s vision of ministry, to include maintaining a strong Anglican musical tradition while recognizing the opportunity to introduce less traditional musical offerings. The candidate for this position should demonstrate an ability to have a good working relationship with the Rector and the Choir Director and have proven experience in Organ performance.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience in organ performance
- Experience working in the Anglican musical tradition is preferred
- American Guild of Organists Member preferred
- Spiritual leader to choir members, creating an environment where musical training and preparation become a part of maintaining and further building a solid foundation of faith for participants.
- Excellent communicative skills and ability to work and interact well with staff,volunteers, and parishioners. .
- Team – player with a “can do” yet flexible attitude.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; strong attention to detail.
- Provide organ, piano, or other music at all principle services of the church, including but not limited to: All weekly Saturday and Sunday worship services and feast days
- Weddings and Funerals (additional compensation provided)
- Oversee Ministries of Choir Director and Bell Choir Director
- Select all organ, hymns and service music for all choral/organ services in consultation with the rector.
- Hire professional musicians, as appropriate and within the parameters of the parish music budget, for liturgical festivals and special services.
- With the help of choir volunteers, and limited secretarial support, the Organist/Music Director:
- Manages and oversees the music library
- Communicates information about the music ministry within the parish
- Coordinates with other church groups as necessary
Instruments: Allen Three Manual Rudy Lucente RL-66a with Antiphonal Pipes; Knabe Semi-Grand Piano
Salary/Benefits: Compensation negotiable based on experience on AGO guidelines
- Contact: The Very Rev. John Kelly
PINEDA PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (PCUSA)
We are actively seeking candidates for the following role:
Organist/Choir Accompanist – part-time
The Organist/Choir Accompanist is responsible for assisting the Choir Director in his development of a strong traditional music program. The Organist shall support him in the selection of appropriate liturgical music at all weekly and special worship services, to enhance the worship experience so that the congregation may glorify God and continue the liturgy and spirit of the Presbyterian tradition. This position reports directly to the Choir Director and Worship Chair.
Key Areas of Responsibilities include:
- Adequately prepare for musical offerings including preludes, offertories and postludes
- Accompany Chancel Choir in rehearsals for the presentation of musical offerings including introits, anthems and responses as selected by the Choir Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music or related field preferred (equivalent experience will be considered).
- Note: Applicants will audition before being awarded the position.
- Successful experience in a wide range of music styles, including traditional, classical, folk, and spirituals.
- Effective interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
TO APPLY: Please submit your updated resume along with a cover letter to the attention of Dorothy Brown.
- Pineda Presbyterian Church
- 5650 N. Wickham Road, Palm Shores, FL 32940