Posted December 12, 2020
Seeking a Parish Organist
All Saints’ Episcopal Church
Mailing Address: 209 S. Iowa Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801
Church Address: 202 South Massachusetts Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33801
Position Description: All Saints’ Episcopal Church in Lakeland, FL is seeking a Parish Organist. Such person is a ministerial and musical anchor within a highly collaborative worship ministry staff. The worship ministry staff consists of the clergy, the parish organist, a music director for the 8:50 a.m. worship service, a pianist for the 8:50 service, a music director for the 10:50 a.m. worship service, and a volunteer children’s and youth music director.
Position Summary: The Parish Organist, while primarily responsible for providing service music for the 8:50 and 10:50 a.m. worship service music in coordination with the clergy and staff, he/she also accompanies the adult choir, provides for special musical events or seasonal liturgical worship services, and oversees the maintenance of the pianos and organ in the church.
Knowledge of and experience with Anglican/Episcopal liturgy is preferred.
Salary / Benefits: Annual salary commensurate with experience, no benefits
Keyboard Instruments: (brief description) R. A. Colby organ installation in 2014. 4 manuals. Antiphonal pipes and pipe organ enhancement technology (POET) through the Walker Technical Company.
The Rev. Kathy Hulin, Assistant to the Rector
Posted November 12, 2020
PROTESTANT MUSIC DIRECTOR – JOB DESCRIPTION
Patrick Air Force Base – Cocoa Beach, FL (Please click to view description PDF).
Phone: 407-602-7780 loc. 103
Thank you for your time and consideration. We hope to hear from you soon.
Posted September 1, 2020
First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
- Job Title: Organist/Accompanist
- Department: Worship Arts
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Classification: Part-time (10 hours per week)
- Reporting to the Director of Traditional Worship this position will be using his/her God given musical gifts for playing the organ and/or piano for church-related events: services (regular and special) and rehearsals.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for playing the organ and/or piano for all major FPCO worship services, may include, but are not limited to Ash Wednesday, Holy Week Services and Christmas Eve. *Additional compensation opportunity for weddings, funerals, concerts and special events.
- Collaborates with the Director of Traditional Worship in choosing appropriate repertoires, preludes, postludes and offertory music.
- Accompanies all choir rehearsals and any other special rehearsals as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a committed Christian, whose life demonstrates an ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Recognizes the theological role of music in worship
- Must be passionate about the vision, mission and values of FPCO, honoring God by making disciples of Jesus who light the world.
- Membership at FPCO is encouraged
- Preferred Education/Experience/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organ, Master’s or Terminal Degree- Exceptional candidates without this qualification could be considered
- Experience playing major pipe organ
- Strong accompanying skills, proficiency on the organ, piano, on standard choral and
- keyboard literature
- Exceptional accompanying skills and ability to read open score choral notation
- Understanding of the role of the organist in enhancing and inspiring congregational
- worship through singing
- Composition, arranging, orchestration, and improvisation is a big plus!
- Perform sedentary work at a workstation and/or with musical instruments
- Bend as necessary for lifting, sitting and/or using instrument key boards, computer/computer mouse.
- Occasionally Lift and/or move up to 25 lb. from a standing position bending knees, using arms, shoulders, back and upper body to move and/or lift music and audio/visual equipment.
- The organist has first right of refusal on all FPCO weddings, funerals and special events. Additional compensation for these events is based on an established fee schedule.
- Interested Candidates should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Crossroads United Church of Christ
2436 Croton Road, Melbourne, FL
The Music Director will lead, direct, and assist the choral abilities of our church’s choir. The Director will assist in the selection of music appropriate to each week’s sermon topic and will meet with them for a weekly rehearsal before Sunday service and direct them for the Sunday morning worship service at 10 a.m. Crossroads is a congregation of the United Church of Christ, a progressive Christian denomination which welcomes all people, no matter who they are or where they are on life’s journey. We believe that God is still speaking, and we apply biblical teachings as we believe Jesus would in today’s world. Our primary message is about God’s love and how to emulate it in our interactions with others.
Lead and Direct the church choir to develop their musicality and choral singing
Assist choir in interpreting music and words.
Enhance the choirs’ ability to sing together and inspire the congregation through
Lead weekly rehearsals.
Lead weekly Sunday service.
Be the musical accompanist to provide music for rehearsals and worship
services on the organ and piano.
Ensure administrative tasks associated with the music program are
Proficient on organ, piano or keyboard with choral group experience.
Enthusiastic and organized.
Excellent personal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) are
Must work with the Pastor, choir, and other worship leaders to enhance the
worship experience for the congregation of Crossroads.
$180 per week (Sunday),negotiable.
Send your resume to: email@example.com
St. Richard’s Episcopal Church
Address:5151 Lake Howell Road
City:Winter Park, FL
Position: Part-Time Tenor Section Leader
Stipend: $75 per visit
Dr. Carl MaultsBy
First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland, Florida is currently accepting applications for Organist.
First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland, Florida is a 1,200-member congregation which seeks a full-time organist for Sunday worship services in the sanctuary and chapel, special services and events, and to provide rehearsal accompaniment for adult, youth, children’s choirs, soloists and ensembles. The organist will provide music consultation and play for weddings and funerals as well as assistance with the advertising, marketing and public relations matters related to the Performing Arts Series. The organist will also serve as a consultant regarding the planned renovation and expansion of the ranks and voicing of the church’s four manual Austin pipe organ. Applicants should have a bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in organ and should demonstrate a high level of competence and experience as a church organist and accompanist. The organist will report to the Director of Fine Arts Ministries.
The church’s sanctuary features a wonderful Austin Organ with a new console arriving around the first of the year. Additionally, the chancel is equipped with a beautiful Steinway grand piano. First Presbyterian Church of Lakeland is situated within a few blocks of Florida Southern College and is less than two miles from Southeastern University. FPC Lakeland belongs to the Presbyterian Church, USA.
For further information or questions, applicants should contact:
Dr. Daniel Gordon, Director of Fine Arts at FPC Lakeland.
Phone: 863-686-7187 x 239.
St. Luke Catholic Church, 5055 Micco Rd., Micco FL
May – October
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 9 am Mass
November – April
- Saturday 4 pm Mass
- Sunday 8 am Mass
- Sunday 10 am Mass
Salary / Benefits: not specified
Keyboard Instruments: 2-manual Allen
- Rev. Robert Mitchell
- Phone: 772.664.9310
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Azalea Park United Methodist Church
50 Willow Drive
Orlando Fl 32807
Position: Worship Music Minister
The successful candidate would have experience as a musician and knowledge of music in a Christian and/or secular setting contemporary and/or traditional. Ability to play piano/organ, other experiences which would be helpful: the ability to play guitar, accompany choir, accompaniment of praise band and to provide music for weekly services, including hymns.
- Play for Sunday services 11:00am to 12:00pm Sundays
- Play for all special
services (Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Maundy
Thursday, Veteran’s Day, Memorial Day, Palm Sunday, etc)
- Accompany Choir/Praise Team consisting of 4-6 individuals
- Rehearsals Times and Days TBD
- Bell Choir for seasonal playing
- Responsibility to play
or arrange for performer(s) for weddings/funerals
- 2 Manual Large Rodgers Organ
- 6 octave Handbells / Chimes
- Kawaii Grand Piano
All applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as well as the date on which you will be available to start. The letter should also describe your relevant experience in relation to the position for which you are applying.
Send to: via Mail or Email Subject: “Worship Music Minister” to email@example.com
Competitive part time wage